Your weekly hangover cure of news:
- Cyborg to feature in The Flash movie. DC continue to jam their characters together in what should be their hero’s debut film. BvS did the same with Batman and look what happened there.
- Guardians of the Galaxy writer Nicole Perlman is to team with Alex Hirsch to write the Detective Pikachu film. Taking advantage of the Pokemon GO craze, I’m surprised, however, that the first live action Pokemon film is not a big crazy Pokemon battle film but a Pikachu focused mystery story. HUH?!
- In an effort to gloss over the unnecessarily reported story of Dwayne Johnson calling Vin Diesel a ‘pussy’ on social media, the Fast 8 team have posted that filming has concluded and that a first trailer will drop in December.
- Lady GaGa is set to headline the remake of A Star is Born alongside Bradley Cooper, who is also directing. Originally earmarked for Clint Eastwood I look forward to seeing what Cooper brings to the iconic musical. Gaga will also provide new songs for the picture and judging by the raves for her performance in American Horror Story we could be seeing a proper movie star being born.
- Entertainment Weekly has opened our nightmares up to the first pic of the new clown for Stephen King’s IT. The two part film adaptation stars Bill Skarsgaard as the iconic monster, brought to hideous delight by Tim Curry in the 80s, and releases September 2017.
- Will Ferrell and John C Reilly are to bring the Step Brothers magic back for a new comedy Sherlock Holmes film, Holmes and Watson. Etan Cohen directs in what is surely to be a slice of manic improvised hilarity.
- Keira Knightly to play the Sugar Plum Fairy in Disney’s live action The Nutcracker. Lasse Hallstrom directs a big budget update to the classic Tchaikovsky ballet, with Morgan Freeman and Mackenzie Foy also featuring.
- Finally Henry Cavill has teased fans with an image of a black Superman suit for Justice League. I’m guessing this will be tied in to his resurrection at some point in the film but being unfamiliar with Supes comic book lore I have no idea. At least Zack Snyder will make it look cool I guess.
Til the next drunken movie sesh…